Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue January 8, 2013
Datebook: January 8 - Largest Ocean Liner Christened 9 Years Ago
The RMS Queen Mary 2 is the largest ocean liner ever built, weighing 148,528 tons. Operated by Cunard Lines, she services Southampton to New York. On board, you'd be able to choose between fifteen restaurants, five swimming pools, a casino, ballroom, theatre, and the first planetarium at sea.
It’s Tuesday, January 8
Tickets are now on sale to see the Harlem Ambassadors, visiting the Paducah Tilghman Gymnasium on February 1st at 7PM. The group offers their unique brand of Harlem-style basketball, featuring slam dunks, tricks, and comedy routines. Proceeds benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Paducah Day Nursery. Tickets are available at any Paducah Bank location.
The Marvelous Wonderettes perform at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park this weekend and next. Shows are at 7PM Fridays and Saturdays and at 2:30 on Sundays. Four girls sing popular hits for their 1958 high school prom in act one, then sing together again at their ten-year reunion in 1968. For tickets, call 270-759-1752.
The Paducah Symphony Children’s and Youth Choruses hold auditions Thursday at First Presbyterian Church in Paducah. The ensembles are open to kids in grades three through twelve. Schedule an audition by calling 444-0065.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.