Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue January 7, 2014
Datebook: January 7 - Charles Addams' Birthday
Due to a power outage, the main campus of Murray State University is closed today, cancelling the MFA reading by Cristina Garcia originally scheduled for tonight. This campus closure is for the main campus only; all extended campuses are open, and the open house for the Crisp Center in Paducah continues as scheduled at 3 p.m.
The Wastelanders annual art exhibition remains on display at the Yeiser Art Center located at 200 Broadway in Paducah today through Saturday from 10 to 5. Exhibiting artists include David Brown, Mark Donham, Juanita Gilliam, Kristi Hanson, Lanelle Mason, Jane Bright, Susan French, and John Henry. Admission is free.
Tonight at 5, McCracken County Extension Agent Kathy Wimberley shows slides of the flowers of Hawaii and provides information on how to grow tropical plants in Western Kentucky. The Purchase Area Master Gardeners Toolbox Series event is at the McCracken County Extension Office. It's free to the public.