Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon January 28, 2013
Datebook: January 28 - "We Are The World" Recorded 28 Years Ago
Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie wrote "We Are the World" for supergroup USA for Africa, recorded on this day in 1985. The charity single sold more than 20 million copies, became the first-ever song certified 'quadruple platinum' and won three Grammys.
It’s Monday, January 28
The Murray State University String Chamber Orchestra presents a concert tomorrow night featuring Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Dr. Sue-Jean Park is the director and soloist for the performance. The concert begins at 6 o’clock in the Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Old Fine Arts Building.
Thursday is the deadline for McCracken County artists to submit their work for inclusion in the Mayor’s Art Club. Work by eight selected artists will be displayed at City Hall. All forms of art are welcome. Email images and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first screening of the Spike Lee Film Festival is tonight at 7:15 at the Curris Center Theater. The film to be shown is “Inside Man,” starring Denzel Washington. A cop has to talk down a bank robber after the criminal's perfect heist spirals into a hostage situation. The screening is free and open to the public.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.