Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri January 24, 2014
Datebook: January 24 - Edith Wharton's Birthday
The eighth annual Challenger Learning Center Trivia Night is set for Friday, Feb. 7, at the Clemens Fine Arts Center at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Teams of six compete for prizes in ten rounds of general trivia questions. To make a reservation, call 270-534-3101.
Middle school students in grades 6 through 8 are invited to enter a "Capture the Earth" photography contest. Photos should celebrate the beauty and diversity of Kentucky and encourage others to care about the state’s environment through stewardship and conservation. The contest deadline is April 4th at 4:30 p.m. Students should email one photo as an attachment to email@example.com.
The Alonzo Pennington Band performs tomorrow night at 7:30 at the West Kentucky Community and Technical College Clemens Fine Arts Center as part of the Backstage Pass series. Tickets are $5 and are available at the door. See more at artsinfocus.org.