Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Wed January 23, 2013
Datebook: January 23 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Inducts First Class 27 Years Ago
On this day in 1986, James Brown, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Same Cooke, The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, and Jerry Lee Lewis were the first inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's also the birthday of the inventor of Frisbees.
It’s Wednesday, January 23
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive Friday from 11 to 4 at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Murray. Donors must be at least 18 years old, be in good health, and weigh at least 110 pounds. Schedule an appointment at redcrossblood.org.
Today’s the deadline to make reservations for the Western Kentucky Highland Society’s traditional Robert Burns Supper, to be held Saturday evening. The event includes dinner as well as musical performances, toasts, a raffle, and a silent auction. Tickets are $25. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This weekend, Campus Lights presents The Drowsy Chaperone, with shows beginning at 7:30 Thursday through Saturday nights and at 2:30 on Sunday afternoon in Lovett Auditorium. As a Broadway fanatic listens to a recording of a musical comedy, the characters appear in his dingy apartment and it is transformed into an impressive Broadway set. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for children.
See community event details at wkms.org.