Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue January 22, 2013
Datebook: January 22 - Apple's '1984' Commercial Airs 29 Years Ago
Apple's commercial introducing the Macintosh was only broadcast once on daytime TV, during the Superbowl XVIII telecast. Titled '1984,' alluding to George Orwell's dystopian novel, the commercial is considered a masterpiece of television advertising. Watch it here.
It’s Tuesday, January 22
There’s a free workshop for visual and performing artists Thursday at the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts in Madisonville. Participants learn how to apply for Kentucky Arts Council programs and hear tips from professional artists. The workshop is free, but registration is required. Find a link to the registration form on the community events calendar at wkms.org.
The Pennyroyal Area Museum presents a new exhibit focused on African American education in Christian County, on display through the end of February. The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 9 to 5 and Saturday from 10 to 3.
The Murray-Calloway County Warming Center, located at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Murray, is open through March 2nd. Anyone needing a safe and warm place to stay from 6PM to 8AM is welcome. For more information or to volunteer, call 270-753-1881.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.