Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri January 18, 2013
Datebook: January 18 - Paris Peace Conference 94 Years Ago
Diplomats from more than 32 countries met in Paris on this day in 1919, to set the peace terms following WWI. These treaties reshaped the political maps of Europe and Africa, imposed financial penalties on Germany, and created the League of Nations.
It’s Friday, January 18
Country singer/songwriter Dustin Lynch performs tonight at 7:30 at the Clemens Fine Arts Center on the WKCTC campus in Paducah. Lynch is up for Single of the Year by a New Artist as well as for New Artist Video of the Year. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students. For more information, call (270) 534-3212.
The 20th Annual Teen Spirit Art Exhibition opens with a reception on Sunday from 2 to 4 at the Yeiser Art Center. The juried exhibit features the work of 147 regional high school artists. The exhibit runs through February 15. See details at theyeiser.org.
Murray State University celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, with a keynote address at 10AM in the Curris Center Ballroom. Elder Henry D.C. Watson of the Main Street Baptist Church in Lexington is the featured speaker. Learn more by calling 809-5099.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.