Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 17, 2013
Datebook: January 17 - Ben Franklin's Birthday
"The First American" was born on this day in 1706. He was born of working class roots, and became wealthy as a newspaper editor and publisher. Of course, he later became one of the most influential Founding Fathers, and is quite fun to quote. "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."
It’s Thursday, January 17
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive tomorrow from 10 to 2 at Walmart of Murray. Blood donors must be at least 18 years old, be in good health, and weigh at least 110 pounds. To schedule an appointment, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
The Western Kentucky Highland Society hosts a traditional Robert Burns Supper on Saturday, January 26. The evening includes dinner as well as musical performances, toasts, a raffle, and a silent auction benefiting the Murray Highland Festival. Tickets are $25, and reservations are required by January 23. For more information, email email@example.com.
The 29th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Gospel Music Celebration is Saturday at the Word of Faith Christian Center in Madisonville. Music starts at 4:30, with the main program beginning at 5. Donations support the Madisonville Community College Martin Luther King Scholarship Fund.
Find more community events at wkms.org.