Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed January 15, 2014
Datebook: January 15 - Moliere's Birthday
The Yeiser Art Center in Paducah presents the Teen Spirit Exhibition 2014, with an opening reception Sunday afternoon from 2 to 4. The exhibit runs through February 1st. Juror Randy Simmons selected work by young artists from thirteen regional high schools for inclusion in the exhibit. The center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 to 5, and admission is free.
Meterologist Beau Dodson is the featured speaker at tomorrow night’s Evenings Upstairs presentation at the McCracken County Public Library. At 7PM, Dodson discusses the region’s extreme decade of weather with an accompanying photographic presentation. See details at mclib.net.
Murray State University hosts a Martin Luther King Jr. March and Vigil this Sunday evening beginning at 5:30PM at Pogue Library. On Monday, there’s a community breakfast in the Curris Center at 8:30, followed by check in for the Day of Service at 10:30. See details and sign up at murraystate.edu.
Find more community events. Thanks for listening.