Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 15, 2013
Datebook: January 15 - First Super Bowl 46 Years Ago
Tensions were high at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, as the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers had an intense rivalry leading up to the 'Supergame' of '67. Sports writers predicted Green Bay's win, notably their star players Willie Wood and Bart Starr. A 30-second commercial cost $42,000.
It’s Tuesday, January 15
A reception honoring diversity author Cathy Bao Bean begins Thursday evening at 5 in the second floor atrium of Alexander Hall. A presentation follows at 5:30. Bao Bean is the author of The Chopsticks-Fork Principle: A Memoir and Manual. She speaks about her experiences and the topic of shattering cultural stereotypes. For more information, call 809-3817.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at the Pennyrile Area Development District office in Hopkinsville. The meeting starts at 10. For more information, contact James Patterson at 886-9484.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop needs donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Proceeds support the Angels Community Clinic, which helps Calloway County residents without medical insurance. Bring items to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.