Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Mon January 14, 2013
Datebook: January 14 - Elvis Says 'Aloha from Hawaii' 40 Years Ago
Elvis headlined Aloha from Hawaii broadcast live via satellite on this day in 1973. It aired in over 40 countries, reaching an estimated one billion viewers, one of the most watched broadcasts in history. It was also the most expensive entertainment special at the time, costing over $2.5 million.
It’s Monday, January 14
The Center for Health and Wellness at Murray-Calloway County Hospital offers Cooper-Clayton Smoking Cessation classes, beginning tomorrow. The method combines education, skills training, and social support along with nicotine replacement products to help participants stop smoking. Classes meet at 5:30 on Tuesdays for 13 weeks. Reserve a space at 762-1348.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting at the Pennyrile Area Development District office in Hopkinsville tomorrow morning at 10. For more information, call James Patterson at 886-9484.
Christian County Relay for Life holds its first team captains meeting tomorrow evening at 5:30. The meeting is in Jennie Stuart Medical Center Doctors’ Pavilion Conference Rooms A and B. Teams can sign up at relayforlife.org/christianky. For more information, call 847-2143.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.