Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 10, 2013
Datebook: January 10 - Paine Publishes Common Sense 237 Years Ago
Common Sense was published anonymously by Thomas Paine on this date in 1776. An immediate success, it presented the colonists with an argument for freedom from British rule at a time when seeking independence was still undecided. Paine donated his royalties to Washington's Continental Army.
It’s Thursday, January 10
Starfish Orphan Ministry holds a public meeting Sunday afternoon at 2 in their offices on the second floor of 1000 Broadway in Paducah. Learn how to make a difference in the lives of orphaned children through mission trips and local volunteer opportunities. See details at starfishorphanministry.com.
The McCracken County Public Library invites homebound book lovers to sign up for free book delivery. Those who are physically unable to come to the library can submit an application to receive materials by mail. For more information, visit mclib.net or call (270) 443-2510, extension 118.
Land Between the Lakes hosts Bald Eagle Viewing Excursions this Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4:30. The van tours depart from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Moderate walking is required; be sure to dress for the weather. Make a reservation by calling 270-924-2020.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.