Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue January 1, 2013
Datebook: January 1 - Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! This day didn't always mark a new year. Until 1752, when the British adopted the Gregorian Calendar, the new year fell on Lady Day: March 25. Some famous New Year's babies include: Paul Revere, Betsy Ross, and J. Edgar Hoover.
It’s New Year’s Day
The 2013 Murray Half Marathon offers a 13-week training program starting this month. The program is designed to help runners of any skill level train to run or walk the half marathon, the half marathon relay, or the 5K race. Participants meet Saturdays at 10AM. See details at the Murray Half Marathon Facebook page.
Market House Theatre in Paducah offers a new trimester of Footlights, beginning Saturday. Classes are available for kids in grades 1 through 12. The Middle and Elementary troupes prepare a show, and the High School troupe does comedy improv and scene work. Register by calling (270) 444-6828.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College offers weekly Zumba classes beginning next Monday and running through April 8. The dance-fitness classes meet Monday afternoons at 4:45 in Haws Gymnasium. To register, call (270) 534-3335.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.