Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 5, 2013
Datebook: February 5 - Tybee Bomb Incident 55 Years Ago
The Tybee Island B-47 Crash occurred on this day in 1958, in which the US Air Force lost a 7,600-pound hydrogen bomb off the coast of Savannah, Georgia. Despite many efforts, the bomb has never been recovered, and is thought to lie buried under silt in the Wassaw Sound... Oops!
It’s Tuesday, February 5
Murray-Calloway County Hospital hosts a blood drive tomorrow night from 5 to 8:30 at Glendale Road Church of Christ. MCCH especially needs donations of A-Positive blood. Donors must be at least 18 years old, be in good health, and weigh at least 110 pounds. For more information, call 762-1119.
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents “Rust and Bone” this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The French drama follows the story of a marine animal trainer and a bouncer as they develop a relationship of strength and emotional dependence. Find showtimes at maidenalleycinema.com.
Registration is now open for the Lourdes Paducah Iron Mom Half Marathon, to be held Saturday, May 11. The half-marathon starts and finishes in downtown Paducah along the Ohio River. Males and females are invited to sign up for the race as individuals or as part of two- or four-person teams. Register online at active.com.
See more community events at wkms.org.