Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu February 28, 2013
Datebook: February 28 - 60 Years Ago Watson and Crick Walk Into a Bar...
...and declare "we had found the secret of life." The truth wasn't far off for these molecular biologists, who determined the double-helix structure of DNA on this day in 1953. They had solved a mystery of science - how it was possible for genetics to be passed through generations. Someone buy these gents a drink!
It’s Thursday, February 28
Cinema International presents “Coriolanus” tonight through Saturday night at 7:30 in Murray State University’s Curris Center Theater. The film version of Shakespeare’s tragedy features a Roman general whose resentment over a failed bid for political office leads him to treason. Shows are free and open to the public.
Tomorrow’s the deadline for entertainers to apply for the 2013 Live on Broadway series, to be held Saturday nights between May 25 and August 3 in Paducah. Entertainers can fill out an application at paducahalliance.org; click on Events.
The Murray State University Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, under the direction of Dr. Bradley Almquist, present a concert tonight at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. The concert is part of MSU’s Athena Festival, celebrating music by female composers. The concert features a premiere of “Dreams,” by Anna De Foe. For more information, call (270) 809-4288.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.