Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri February 28, 2014
Datebook: February 28
The Humane Society of Marshall County holds its annual Mardi Paws Fundraiser tomorrow night from 4-8 at Lacey's Event Center in Benton. The event includes a silent auction as well as a meal of jambalaya or gumbo, bread, dessert, and a drink. The cost of the meal is $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 12 and under. The public is invited to attend.
The second annual Running to Remember 5K and 1-Mile Run/Walk in memory of Jill McClain is set for Saturday, March 22. The race starts and finishes at the flagpole in front of Cuba Elementary School. Registration starts at 8, the 5K starts at 9, and the 1-mile run/walk follows at 9:45.
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park holds its "Ides of March Spring Cleanup" on Saturday, March 15. Volunteers pick up trash from 9 to noon. Groups interested in sending volunteers should call (270) 362-4271, ext. 412.