Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed February 27, 2013
Datebook: February 27 - Dexter Gordon Turns 90
Today we remember the life and legacy of sax legend Dexter Gordon. He was one of the earliest jazz tenors to to adapt bebop to the instrument. Gordon's career spans over 40 years including an Academy Award nomination for Best Leading Role in Round Midnight, and a Grammy for the soundtrack.
It’s Wednesday, February 27
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents a live concert titled “3-Way Tie For First” Friday night at 6. Featured performers include JD Wilkes and the Dirt Daubers, the Solid Rock’it Boosters, and the Wheelhouse Rousters. KET films the concert. A limited number of $5 tickets available at the door.
Tomorrow’s the deadline to enter the 21st Annual Photo Showcase to be displayed at the W.G. Rhea Public Library in Paris. Amateur and professional photographers of any age are invited to enter up to three pieces of their work. There’s no entry fee. Find contest rules and entry forms at phcarts.com.
The Murray Run4Another 5K run/walk is Saturday morning at 9. Race-day registration accepted from 8 to 8:45 at the starting line, located at 15th and Olive in Murray. For more information, visit run4another.com or call (270) 978-0911.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.