Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue February 26, 2013
Datebook: February 26 - Ghost Rockets Over Sweden 67 Years Ago
On this day in 1946, the first reports were filed of missile-shaped objects seen falling over Sweden. Some say it was a meteor shower, others suggest long-range rocket testing by the Russians. The Swedish Army directed newspapers to censor their reporting, but to this day their own investigators remain uncertain.
It’s Tuesday, February 26
Paducah native Samuel Hawkins presents “Spoken Word” tomorrow morning at 11 at the West Kentucky Community and Technical College Clemens Fine Arts Student Center. The free presentation features Hawkins’s urban-style poetry. Find more information at westkentucky.kctcs.edu.
The Caldwell County Caregiver Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting at the Caldwell County Senior Center Thursday morning at 11:30. For more information, call (270) 886-9484.
The McCracken County Public Library presents “Reverend Newton Bush: Freedom at a Terrible Price” Thursday at 7 as part of the Evening Upstairs series. For Reverend Newton Bush and other troops in the Colored Calvary, the fighting didn’t end when the Civil War was over; they spent the rest of their lives fighting for freedom and equal citizenship. The presentation is free and open to the public. See more at mclib.net.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.