Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 19, 2013
Datebook: February 19 - The Feminine Mystique Published 50 Years Ago
Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique is one of the most influential books of the 20th Century, and is credited as sparking the second-wave of feminism in the US. Her research was prompted upon surveying her former classmates at a reunion, and found that most were unhappy living as housewives.
It’s Tuesday, February 19
The Music Department of the Murray Woman’s Club hosts a program titled “Music From the Heart” tonight at 7 at the MWC Clubhouse. The program features the Murray High School Choir under the direction of Laynie Mitchell and the Murray Elementary School Chorus under the direction of Kim Black. The event is open to the public.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting Thursday morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville. For more information, call James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Anyone interested in volunteering at the Warming Center in Paducah is invited to attend a one-hour training session Thursday at noon at the Salvation Army facility, located at 2990 Trimble Street. Pre-register by calling (270) 442-1691 or by visiting volunteerpaducah.org.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.