Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed February 13, 2013
Datebook: February 13 - Largest Known Diamond Discovered 9 Years Ago
The largest known diamond weighs 10 billion trillion trillion carats, it exists 50 light-years from Earth, and it vibrates - showcasing its luminosity. The BPM 37093 is a dwarf star made out of diamonds, wrapped in electrons. It's nicknamed after a song by The Beatles. Can you guess which one?
It’s Wednesday, February 13
Kids ages six to twelve can spend an evening playing with more than 6,000 Legos at this week’s Friday Night Science class at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The two-hour class starts at 5PM in the Emerging Technology Center. The cost is $20. To register, call (270) 534-3335.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital offers free diabetes screenings tomorrow morning from 8:30 to 11:30 at the Weaks Community Center. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Bull Blowout 2013 is this Friday and Saturday at the MSU Expo Center in Murray. The event features bull riding, barrel racing, mutton busting, and a kids’ calf scramble. Doors open at 6, and events start at 8. Tickets are $14 for adults, $12 for MSU students, and $5 for kids 12 and under. To learn more, call (731) 642-8346.
Find more community events online at wkms.org.