Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue February 12, 2013
Datebook: February 12 - Construction Begins on St. Louis Arch 50 Years Ago
Built as a monument to the westward expansion of the United States, 'The Gateway to the West' began construction on this day in 1963. The project took two years and cost $13 million. It's the tallest man-made monument in the US, Missouri's tallest building, and the largest catenary arch.
It’s Tuesday, February 12
Murray State University’s Pullen Farm Greenhouse is selling house plants through February 22. The greenhouse is open weekdays during university hours. Plants are available for a donation to the Horticulture Club.
The Paducah Renaissance Alliance has issued a call for entertainers for the 2013 Live on Broadway series, to be held Saturday nights between May 25 and August 3. Entertainers can fill out an application at paducahalliance.org; click on Events. Applications must be submitted no later than March 1.
The Glema Mahr Center offers dinner theater performances of “The Foreigner” Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 6:30. The comedy features a shy Englishman who is deposited in a fishing lodge in Georgia, where he pretends he doesn’t speak a word of English. Tickets are $20 and are available at (270) 821-ARTS.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.