Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon February 11, 2013
Datebook: February 11 - BBC Airs First Sci-Fi TV Program 75 Years Ago
"Sulla isn't a person, Miss Glory, she's a robot." Karel Capek's 1921 play, R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots), coined the term 'robot.' Adapted for television by the BBC on this day in 1938, the 35-minute feature became the first television science fiction ever to be broadcast.
It’s Monday, February 11
The Humane Society and the American Red Cross hold a Pet First Aid Class this Saturday from noon to 4 at the Weaks Community Center. The class teaches cat and dog owners how to respond to a wide range of animal emergencies, from dressing a wound to performing CPR. The class fee is $40, which includes a full-color reference guidebook and DVD. Register by Thursday by calling 759-1884.
The Alzheimer’s Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office. For more information, call James Patterson at 886-9484.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital hosts a blood drive tomorrow from 9 to 4:30 at Kenlake Foods. MCCH especially needs donations of A-Positive blood. Donors must be at least 18 years old, be in good health, and weigh at least 110 pounds. For more information, call 762-1119.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.