Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu December 6, 2012
Datebook: December 6 - Washington Monument Completed 128 Years Ago
Construction began in 1848, but was halted for several decades due to lack of funding and the Civil War. On this day, in 1884, the capstone was set, making it the world's tallest structure until surpassed by the Eiffel Tower (in 1889). About 150 feet up the monument you can see a different shading of marble, where construction was halted.
It’s Thursday, December 6
The Graves County High School Band offers their annual Christmas Concert tonight. Enjoy timeless classics as well as some more adventurous tunes from the concert band, jazz band, and wind ensemble. The concert starts at 7 at the Graves County Schools’ Performing Arts Center.
The Humane Society of Calloway County offers Santa Claws Photos on Saturday from 11 to 5 at the Weaks Community Center. For a $10 donation, receive a framed 4x6 digital photo of your pet with Santa. Bring your own camera to make extra photos at no additional charge. All pets are welcome. See details at forthepets.org.
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra presents A Christmas Celebration Saturday evening at 7:30 at the Carson Center. The Paducah Symphony Chorus, Children’s Chorus, and Youth Chorus join the PSO for holiday favorites. To purchase tickets, call the box office at (270) 444-0065 or visit paducahsymphony.org.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.