Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri December 6, 2013
Datebook: December 6 - Ira Gershwin's Birthday
An Alzheimer’s Association workshop titled “Know the 10 Signs” is set for Thursday, Dec. 12, at the Murray-Calloway County Senior Citizens Center. The interactive workshop includes video clips and facts about Alzheimer’s. Registration is required with a cost of $15 for professionals and a suggested donation of $5 for family caregivers. To register, call 1-800-272-3900.
The Western Kentucky State Parks Race Series ends with the Reindeer Run at John James Audubon State Park Saturday, Dec. 14. Awards are given to race winners and race series winners after the race. The cost to run is $30, and the cost to walk is $25. Find more information at parks.ky.gov.
The Yeiser Art Center in Paducah hosts a holiday gala featuring music by Heath & Molly, a possible visit by Irvin Cobb, and readings from the Kentucky’s Twelve Days of Christmas anthology next Friday, Dec. 13, from 7 to 9. The event is free and light refreshments are served.