Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri December 28, 2012
Datebook: December 28 - "The Greatest Game Ever Played" 54 Years Ago
The 1958 NFL Championship Game at Yankee Stadium was the first NFL playoff game to go into sudden death overtime. The final score was Baltimore 23, New York 17. Televised by NBC to an audience of 45 million, the game marked the beginning of the rise of NFL in American sports popularity.
It’s Friday, December 28
Market House Theatre in Paducah offers a new trimester of Footlights, beginning January 5. Classes meet on Saturdays and are available for kids in grades 1 through 12. The Middle and Elementary troupes prepare a show, and the High School troupe does comedy improv and scene work. Register by calling(270) 444-6828.
The Paducah Wastelanders host their 6th annual New Year’s Eve Art Exhibition and Party at the Yeiser Art Center. The exhibit includes work by regional artists who are natives or long-time residents of the Paducah area. The opening reception is Monday night from 6 to 9.
The Murray-Calloway Endowment for Healthcare seeks volunteers ages 18 and up. Tasks include special projects, fundraising events, and general office work. If you are interested in volunteering with the Murray-Calloway Endowment for Healthcare, call (270) 762-1800.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.