Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu December 26, 2013
Datebook: December 26 - Happy Kwanzaa!
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park hosts a Rook tournament the weekend of January 10th through the 12th. The round-robin tournament begins Friday evening and runs through Saturday evening. Prizes go to the top three teams. Registration is $25 per team. To register, call 1-800-325-1711 or email email@example.com.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah presents “Two Approaches: Now & The Future of Quilting,” on display through January 14. The exhibit explores the works of modern quilt maker Denyse Schmidt and innovative quilt artist Marianne Burr. For more information, visit quiltmuseum.org.
Veterans and their spouses or widows are invited to a Veterans Benefits Workshop on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 6 p.m. at Emeritus at Murray. The workshop is open to veterans or spouses of veterans age 65 or older with 90 days of active military service and a discharge of any kind other than dishonorable. RSVP by January 10 at 270-759-1555.