Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed December 26, 2012
Datebook: December 26 - Happy Kwanzaa!
Kwanzaa is a week-long celebration honoring African heritage, culminating in a feast and gift-giving. The seven core principles are: unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.
It’s Wednesday, December 26
The Red Cross offers a Babysitters Training Program on Saturday at 232 North 8th Street in Paducah. Students learn to perform basic childcare skills, choose safe games and toys, handle discipline issues, and care for common injuries. The cost is $85. Register online at www.redcross.org.
The Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County offer a Day with Trains on Saturday. Conductors run their model trains from 11AM until 1PM. For more information, call the museum at (270) 887-4270.
The Paducah Symphony Children’s and Youth Choruses hold auditions on January 3rd and 10th at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Paducah. Kids in grades three through twelve are invited to audition by singing the first verse of “My Country Tis of Thee.” Schedule an audition by calling (270) 444-0065.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.