Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri December 20, 2013
Datebook: December 20
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park hosts its "First Day" hikes on January 1st. The hikes start at 10, noon, and 2. Each hike lasts about 90 minutes and is on the Lake Trail with the park naturalist. Bring your own water and dress for the weather. A hiking stick is recommended. To register for the free hike, call 1-800-325-1711.
Douglas Van Fleet directs a performance of Handel’s “Messiah” Saturday night at 7 at Fountain Avenue United Methodist Church. There is no admission charge, and the audience is invited to sing along with the choir and orchestra on the chorus.
On Tuesday, Murray-Calloway County Hospital and West Kentucky Allied Services host hands-on assistance sessions to help with signing up for the new Kentucky Healthcare Exchange plans and expanded Medicaid. Help is available from 8:30 to 4 in the Business Office conference room in the North Tower of MCCH. For more information, call 1-270-753-0908.