Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu December 19, 2013
Datebook: December 19 - Edith Piaf's Birthday
The bluegrass band The Traveling Kind performs Monday night at 7 at the Badgett Playhouse in Grand Rivers. Tickets are $10 per person and are available at the box office at 1-888-362-4223.
Customers of the Mayfield Electric and Water Systems and West Kentucky Rural Electric Cooperative are invited to enroll in the company's Round Up program, which rounds monthly utility bills to the next highest dollar and donates the change to the Mayfield-Graves County Needline. To sign up for the programs, go to the utilities’ offices or call MEWS at 270-247-4661 or WKRECC at 270-247-1321. The City of Hopkinsville and the Hopkinsville-Christian County Convention & Visitors Bureau have announced the city's first African-American History Cell Phone Tour. The free tour lasts about an hour and features 18 snapshots of local history. Tour cards may be downloaded from the city's website or picked up at the Commerce Center. See more community events.