Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri December 14, 2012
Datebook: December 14 - Mariner 2 Flies Past Venus 50 Years Ago
The Mariner 2 was the first space probe to Venus and the first to conduct a successful planetary encounter. On this day in 1962, it scanned the planet with radiometers, revealing that Venus has cool clouds and an extremely hot surface. And the spacecraft... it's still out there, orbiting the sun.
It’s Friday, December 14
The Graves County High School Orchestra, Jazz Band, Choir, and Drama Department join together to present “Candy Cane Classics!” tomorrow evening at 7. The district-wide concert features all-time Christmas favorites. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for students.
The Dove Award-winning gospel group The Isaacs performs a free Christmas concert Sunday afternoon at 4:30. The concert is at Fountain Avenue United Methodist Church in Paducah. Doors open at 4. For more information or guaranteed seating, call the church office at (270) 443-1724.
The Ballard County Christmas Parade and Chili Supper is tomorrow evening in downtown LaCenter. The parade begins at 5:30, with the chili supper immediately following the parade at First Baptist Church. Kids can have their pictures made with Santa. All proceeds benefit Ballard Memorial Project Graduation.
Don’t forget to tune in Sunday night at 7 for Hanukkah Lights on 91-3 WKMS. Thanks for listening.