Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Thu December 13, 2012
Datebook: December 13 - Sir Francis Drake Sets Sail 435 Years Ago
Bad weather had set Drake and his crew back a few weeks to this day in 1577, when they set sail to circumnavigate the earth. They saw the sunbleached bones of Magellan's crew, captured a ship of Chilean wine, another ship full of gold, befriended an island sultan, and returned to be knighted by the Queen.
It’s Thursday, December 13
The Hopkinsville Art Guild Christmas Bazaar continues this month at the Guild Art Gallery, located in Bradford Square Mall. Work for sale includes small original paintings, Christmas ornaments, cards, jewelry, pottery, and wood turnings. Hours are 10 to 6 Wednesday through Saturday and 1:30 to 5:30 on Sundays.
The McCracken County Public Library offers a Jingle Bell Bedtime Story tonight at 6:30. Kids are invited to wear their pajamas, listen to “The Polar Express,” then participate in a craft project. See details at mclib.net.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes offers an 1850s Holiday Decorations and Treats Workshop on Saturday from 10 to 3. Learn how to make three different decorations and one tasty traditional treat. The workshop fee is $50. Registration and full deposit required by calling 924-2020.
Join us tonight at 7 for the Retro Cocktail Hour Christmas Party on 91-3 WKMS. Thanks for listening.