Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed August 8, 2012
Datebook: August 8 - The Beatles Walk Across Abbey Road 43 Years Ago
On this day in 1969, photographer Iain Macmillan snapped a photo of the Beatles on a zebra crossing in London, which would become the cover of the album Abbey Road, one of the most famous album covers in recording history.
It’s Wednesday, August 8.
Market House Theatre presents a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre event called “The Pajama Party Murders.” The show runs tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday nights with doors opening at 6:30. Dinner is provided by A Pampered Palate. Tickets are $35. Reserve seating by calling 444-6828.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital offers an Epilepsy Support Group meeting tomorrow evening at 6. The meeting is in Suite 301 East in the Medical Arts Building at MCCH. For more information, call the West Kentucky Epilepsy Center at 762-1566.
The 41st annual Between the Rivers Homecoming is Sunday at the Fenton Special Events Area in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. The reunion celebrates former residents of the Trigg County portion of LBL. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. For more information, contact Wendell Wallace at 522-6721.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.