Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed August 8, 2012
Datebook: August 8 - The Beatles Walk Across Abbey Road 43 Years Ago
On this day in 1969, photographer Iain Macmillan snapped a photo of the Beatles on a zebra crossing in London, which would become the cover of the album Abbey Road, one of the most famous album covers in recording history.
It’s Wednesday, August 8.
Market House Theatre presents a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre event called “The Pajama Party Murders.” The show runs tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday nights with doors opening at 6:30. Dinner is provided by A Pampered Palate. Tickets are $35. Reserve seating by calling 444-6828.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital offers an Epilepsy Support Group meeting tomorrow evening at 6. The meeting is in Suite 301 East in the Medical Arts Building at MCCH. For more information, call the West Kentucky Epilepsy Center at 762-1566.
The 41st annual Between the Rivers Homecoming is Sunday at the Fenton Special Events Area in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. The reunion celebrates former residents of the Trigg County portion of LBL. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. For more information, contact Wendell Wallace at 522-6721.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.