Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue August 6, 2013
Datebook: August 6 - Warhol Turns 85
Pop art pioneer Andy Warhol turns 85 today. His work flourished in the 1960s, blending various forms of media to depict celebrity culture and advertisement. Last year, Warhol's "Double Elvis" was sold at Sotheby's for $33 million. He died in 1987 and has far surpassed his 15 minutes of fame.
It’s Tuesday, August 6
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers free blood pressure and blood sugar screenings tomorrow morning from 8:30-11:30 at the Marshall County Senior Citizens Center. For more information on the Wellness Works schedule or about the screenings offered, call 270-762-1348.
The Paducah Renaissance Alliance hosts a free concert on the riverfront Thursday evening at 7 on Wilson Stage. The event celebrates the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation. Featured performers are the NIA Dancers, the gospel choir of House of Hope Ministries, and True Evidence, a ladies gospel quartet. For more information, visit paducahalliance.org.
Friday’s the deadline to sign up for MYBSA Fall Ball at Murray-Calloway Parks. The informal instructional league is open to kids ages 5 to 10. Players and coaches are needed. To sign up call Jeremy Bell at 270-978-1499 or download the entry form at playballmcc.com.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.