Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon August 4, 2014
Datebook: August 4 - Louis Armstrong's Birthday
Jeff Speck, the author of Walkable City, gives a free public lecture this Thursday night at 6:30 at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah. Speck is a city planner who advocates for smart growth and sustainable design. Seating is limited. To register, contact the Paducah Department of Planning at (270) 444-8690.
An exhibit of artwork by Clyde Lawter titled "This Land and Its People" is on display at the Yeiser Art Center August 9 through September 27. There’s an opening reception Saturday night from 5-7. Details at theyeiser.org.
Farmers and gardeners are invited to donate their extra vegetables to the Mayfield-Graves County Needline & Food Pantry. Bring items by the office between 8 and 1 Monday through Thursday. For early delivery, leave items on the loading dock located on the south side of the building. For more information, call (270) 247-6333.