Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon August 4, 2014
Datebook: August 4 - Louis Armstrong's Birthday
Jeff Speck, the author of Walkable City, gives a free public lecture this Thursday night at 6:30 at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah. Speck is a city planner who advocates for smart growth and sustainable design. Seating is limited. To register, contact the Paducah Department of Planning at (270) 444-8690.
An exhibit of artwork by Clyde Lawter titled "This Land and Its People" is on display at the Yeiser Art Center August 9 through September 27. There’s an opening reception Saturday night from 5-7. Details at theyeiser.org.
Farmers and gardeners are invited to donate their extra vegetables to the Mayfield-Graves County Needline & Food Pantry. Bring items by the office between 8 and 1 Monday through Thursday. For early delivery, leave items on the loading dock located on the south side of the building. For more information, call (270) 247-6333.