Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 3, 2012
Datebook: August 3 - Columbus Sets Sail 520 Years Ago
On the evening of August 3, 1492, Christopher Columbus set sail from Palos de la Frontera aboard the Santa Maria with the intent landing in Asia, thereby creating new ports of trade while proving the world was round. Only no one knew what lay beyond the horizon. Perhaps we'll find out in a Datebook in October.
It’s Friday, August 3
Murray Preschool, Head Start, and Early Head Start hold registration for the 2012-2013 school year Thursday from 8 to 3. Registration for children ages four and under will be held on the first floor of Alexander Hall, located on North 16th Street. For more information, call 809-3262.
The Western Baptist Stroke Support Group meets Monday afternoon at 3 in Meeting Room A of the Baptist Heart Center in Paducah. The group provides support for stroke survivors and their caregivers, family, and friends. To register, call Deb Welsh at (270) 415-7697.
Reed Conder Gymnasium at Marshall County High in Draffenville opens its doors at 5 p.m. tomorrow for the 38th annual CFSB Watermelon Bust, offering two thousand pounds of cold watermelon, kids’ games, and more. A southern gospel concert starts at 5:45, featuring Eddy and Valerie Bell, Mercy’s Mark, and The Talleys. All events are free.
See community event details at wkms.org.