Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 28, 2013
Datebook: August 28 - MLK's "I Have A Dream" 50 Years Ago
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's historic speech was the grand finale of speeches given during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, which drew a crowd of over 200,000 to the Lincoln Memorial. King described the "fierce urgency of now" for civil and economic rights and racial harmony.
It’s Wednesday, August 28
A Paducah Town Hall Meeting about the National Alzheimer's Plan is tomorrow night from 5:30-7 at the McCracken County Public Library. The meeting offers a chance to share ideas and concerns with government representatives, hear about the latest Alzheimer's issues, discuss concerns families are facing, and find out about upcoming events. For more information, call 1-800-272-3900.
Friday’s the pre-registration deadline for the Soybean Talent Show, to be held on the big stage in downtown Martin, Tennessee, on September 2nd during the Soybean Festival. The entry fee is $25 per act. Entry forms are at tnsoybeanfestival.org or (731) 587-5549.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents "The Way Way Back" this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The coming-of-age story tells about 14-year-old Duncan's summer vacation with his mother, her overbearing boyfriend, and his daughter Steph. Find showtimes and ticket information at maidenalleycinema.org.