Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri August 22, 2014
Datebook: August 22 - Color Me Patriotic, Film Festival, Chess Workshop
The Military Affairs Committee with the Christian County Chamber of Commerce hosts Hopkinsville’s first color run, “Color Me Patriotic,” tomorrow morning at 8 at DeBow Park. For entry information, visit active.com and search for “patriotic.”
Race-day registration is also available. Make sure to bring towels to protect your car seats. The River's Edge International Film Festival based in Paducah seeks short and feature-length entries in the categories of Narrative, Documentary, Animation, and Experimental film. Submit entries by August 30th. Learn more at riversedgefilmfestival.com or by calling (270) 442-7723.
There’s an adult beginner chess workshop at Murray State University on Mondays, September 8, 15, and 22, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The class covers topics such as understanding the value and movement of the pieces, basic techniques, and tactical themes. Register by September 3 at (270) 809-3659.