Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 21, 2012
Datebook: August 21 - Joe Strummer Turns 60
Joe Strummer (1952-2002) was an iconic figure in the British punk movement, and co-founder, guitarist, and vocalist for The Clash. He died of a heart defect in 2002. Shortly after his death, The Clash were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Blast some "London Calling" today, as tribute.
It’s Tuesday, August 21
Young musicians are invited to audition for the 2012-2013 Paducah Symphony youth string programs. Doug Van Fleet leads the Paducah Symphony Youth Orchestra, and Patty Story leads a new preparatory string ensemble called Sinfonia. For audition requirements and dates, visit paducahsymphony.org.
An estate planning workshop is scheduled for Thursday at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The workshop starts at 6PM in the Emerging Technology Center. The cost is $10. To register, call WKCTC Workforce Solutions at (270) 534-3335.
Master Hairstylist Patrick Lomantini will be at The Hair Studio in Murray on Thursday raising funds for the Humane Society of Calloway County. For a suggested $20 donation, men and women can receive a basic haircut by Lomantini. Walk-ins are welcome, or make an appointment by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find community event details at wkms.org.