Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 20, 2013
Datebook: August 20 - Robert Plant Turns 65
Best known as the lead vocalist of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant was voted by Rolling Stone readers in 2011 as the best lead singer of all time. He's considered influential for other singers from Freddie Mercury, to Sammy Hagar, to Jack White. In 2010, NPR named Plant as one of the "50 Great Voices" in the world.
It’s Tuesday, August 20
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office, located at 300 Hammond Drive in Hopkinsville. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Vetworking West Kentucky Expo, a free workshop to help veterans network with area service providers, is Thursday from 9 to 3 at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Over 25 veterans service providers and Kentucky Career Center representatives are on-site to meet and talk with veterans. For more information call (270) 534-3861.
The Paducah Duplicate Bridge Club sponsors free bridge lessons on Thursday evenings at 6, beginning this week. The bridge center is located at 1723 Kentucky Avenue in Paducah. For more information, contact the club president at (270) 444-6882.