Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue August 20, 2013
Datebook: August 20 - Robert Plant Turns 65
Best known as the lead vocalist of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant was voted by Rolling Stone readers in 2011 as the best lead singer of all time. He's considered influential for other singers from Freddie Mercury, to Sammy Hagar, to Jack White. In 2010, NPR named Plant as one of the "50 Great Voices" in the world.
It’s Tuesday, August 20
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office, located at 300 Hammond Drive in Hopkinsville. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Vetworking West Kentucky Expo, a free workshop to help veterans network with area service providers, is Thursday from 9 to 3 at West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Over 25 veterans service providers and Kentucky Career Center representatives are on-site to meet and talk with veterans. For more information call (270) 534-3861.
The Paducah Duplicate Bridge Club sponsors free bridge lessons on Thursday evenings at 6, beginning this week. The bridge center is located at 1723 Kentucky Avenue in Paducah. For more information, contact the club president at (270) 444-6882.