Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu August 2, 2012
Datebook: August 2 - Positrons Discovered 80 Years Ago
Today's event is particularly positive! On this day in 1932, Carl D. Anderson discovered the positron (counterpart to the electron), for which he won the Nobel Peace Prize for Physics. The consequences of this discovery would later be explored by Isaac Asimov. What could go wrong?
It’s Thursday, August 2
There’s a Dive-In Movie tomorrow night at the Noble Park Pool in Paducah. The featured film is “The Goonies,” rated PG. The pool opens at 8, and the film starts at dusk. Admission is $1 per person, and concessions are available for purchase.
The West Kentucky Allied Services office at 607 Poplar Street in Murray offers free computer and internet use to every member of the public, Monday through Friday from 8 to 4. The service is provided by Community Action and the Commonwealth Office of Technology. For more information, call 800-456-3452.
Market House Theatre presents a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre event called “The Pajama Party Murders.” The show runs next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with doors opening at 6:30PM. The show is accompanied by dinner from A Pampered Palate. Tickets are $35. Reserve seating by calling (270) 444-6828.
See details about these and other community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.