Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon August 19, 2013
Datebook: August 19 - Coco Chanel Turns 130
The only fashion designer to appear on Time's 100 most influential people of the 20th century, Coco Chanel is credited with liberating the constraints of the "corseted silhouette" and popularized the sporty, casual chic as the feminine standard post WWI. She said, "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
It's Monday, August 19
The Humane Society of Calloway County is currently accepting photos of pets to be included in the full-color 2014 Pet Calendar. All photos submitted are included, with twelve chosen for special "Pet of the Month" placement. The cost is $25 for the first entry, and $10 for each additional photo submitted. The entry deadline is September 16. Find submission guidelines and more information at www.forthepets.org.
The Paducah Symphony Youth Orchestra holds auditions for the string section Sunday afternoon from 2 to 5 at McCracken County High School. Arrive at 1 o'clock to warm up and receive an audition number. All information, including audition music and a registration form, is available at paducahsymphony.org.
The Dawson Springs Public Library hosts "Summer in a Jar" tomorrow from 10 to noon. Get food preservation tips and learn about pressure canners, canning jams and jellies, and more. For more information call the library at 270-797-8990.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.