Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon August 18, 2014
Datebook: August 18 - Free Blues Music, Hybridizing Botanicals, Between the Rivers
Kenlake State Resort Park hosts its "Neighborhood Night Free Concert" this Thursday from 5-9:30. The Andy Gibson Trio performs from 5-7 and Adam and the H-Bombs perform from 7-9:30. Bring lawn chairs for an evening of blues music on the front lawn. The concert is free with donations benefiting the Marshall County Exceptional Center.
The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden hosts the sixth annual Nellie Rarick Memorial Lecture Saturday morning at 11:30. The lecture features Herbie and Gale Phelps of Wonderland of Daylilies speaking on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing." For reservations, call (270) 852-8925.
The Between the Rivers Homecoming for former residents of the Stewart County portion of the area now known as Land Between the Lakes is Sunday, August 31, at the Bison Range Picnic Area. The picnic area is south of The Homeplace on Woodlands Trace National Scenic Byway. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited.