Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon August 18, 2014
Datebook: August 18 - Free Blues Music, Hybridizing Botanicals, Between the Rivers
Kenlake State Resort Park hosts its "Neighborhood Night Free Concert" this Thursday from 5-9:30. The Andy Gibson Trio performs from 5-7 and Adam and the H-Bombs perform from 7-9:30. Bring lawn chairs for an evening of blues music on the front lawn. The concert is free with donations benefiting the Marshall County Exceptional Center.
The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden hosts the sixth annual Nellie Rarick Memorial Lecture Saturday morning at 11:30. The lecture features Herbie and Gale Phelps of Wonderland of Daylilies speaking on "The Art and Science of Hybridizing." For reservations, call (270) 852-8925.
The Between the Rivers Homecoming for former residents of the Stewart County portion of the area now known as Land Between the Lakes is Sunday, August 31, at the Bison Range Picnic Area. The picnic area is south of The Homeplace on Woodlands Trace National Scenic Byway. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited.