Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 16, 2012
Datebook: August 16 - First Cartoon in Color Released 82 Years Ago
Fiddlesticks was the first animated sound cartoon filmed in color (two-tone technicolor) and it was released on this day in 1930, with no fiddlesticks at all! Even though it's largely lost in history, we could still learn a thing or two from Flip the Frog. Watch the film!
It’s Thursday, August 16
Madisonville Community College offers a Back To School Bash Saturday from 4 to 10PM. Six bands perform in front of the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts. There is no charge for the family-friendly event.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area holds a Volunteer Round Up Saturday morning from 9 to 11. Learn what the LBL volunteer program is all about and how to become a volunteer. If you would like to attend, call (270) 924-2007.
Zumba classes for all ages start Monday at the West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The dance fitness program combines Latin and international music with dance styles such as salsa, merengue, hip hop, and more. The 12-week class meets Mondays at 4:45 in Haws Gymnasium. The cost is $20; register by calling WKCTC Workforce Solutions at (270) 534-3335.
See more community events at wkms.org.