Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 15, 2012
Datebook: August 15 - Julia Child Turns 100
Julia Child turns 100! Child brought French cuisine to the American public with her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking and her TV show The French Chef. Here's a great conversation about her on today's Diane Rehm Show. Bon Appetit!
It’s Wednesday, August 15
The Yeiser Art Center in Paducah presents “A Feeble Armada,” an exhibit by Southern Indiana artist Rob Millard-Mendez. Eleven boat sculptures are constructed from both traditional materials and more playful elements such as mousetraps, dice, and coins. The exhibit opens with a reception Saturday night from 5 to 7, and is then on display during regular museum hours through September 22. See more attheyeiser.org.
The ALS Support Group meets tonight at 6 at the Center for Health and Wellness in Murray. Jennie Gallimore from The Center for Accessible Living is the featured presenter. For more information, call 293-1748.
The Humane Society holds a Dog Adoption Day and Pet ID Clinic Saturday from 10 to 2 at Tractor Supply in Murray. Microchip pets for $10 and engrave custom pet ID tags for $3. Please bring dogs on leashes and cats in carriers. Details at forthepets.org.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.