Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 12, 2013
Datebook: August 12 - The Quagga Goes Extinct 130 Years Ago
It's pronounced "kwa-ha-ha" and the last one of these died in Amsterdam on this day in 1883. This subspecies of zebra from southern Africa was hunted heavily. Only a few quagga were photographed alive and only 23 skins are preserved today. The controversial Quagga Project is trying to "breed them back."
It's Monday, August 12
The Fibromyalgia Support Group meets tonight at 6:30 at the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Center for Health and Wellness. Molly Rogers, licensed massage therapist, leads the class. For more information, call 270-762-1348.
Thursday's the deadline for craft and visual artists to apply for the Kentucky Crafted Program, a state-supported marketing program for professional artists. Artists accepted into the program can use the Kentucky Crafted logo, have their work included in exhibits, be part of an online artist directory, and more. For more information email email@example.com or call 502-564-3757, ext. 473.
The WATCH Center at 702 Main Street in Murray needs aluminum cans for an ongoing fundraising project. Drop off cans anytime, seven days a week, by driving through the driveway on the west side of the center and placing them in the cotton wagon.