Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri August 10, 2012
Datebook: August 10 - Son of Sam Arrested 35 Years Ago
David Berkowitz, also known as the Son of Sam, was a serial killer in New York City from July 1976 to August 1977. He confessed to killing six and wounding several others after having been commanded by a demon that possessed his neighbor's dog. He later claimed that he was part of a cult that did the killings and so the case remains open.
It’s Friday, August 10
There’s an outdoor movie tonight at Fort Massac State Park in Metropolis. The film is “The Man From Snowy River,” rated PG. Bring your own chairs or ground blankets. Admission is free, and the movie starts at 8PM.
The annual Twilight Tobacco Tour is Tuesday evening at 6:30. The tour begins at the Murray State Tobacco Barn and Pavilion on Robertson Road North in Murray. Dr. Andy Bailey and Dr. Kenny Seebold lead discussions on dark tobacco response to potassium and tobacco diseases. A catfish dinner follows the tour. RSVP to the Calloway County Extension Office by calling 753-1452.
Musical entertainment and kids’ activities are featured tomorrow night in Paducah during Live on Broadway. Music starts at 7 and lasts until 10, with The Cruisers headlining. Additional acts include Antioch, the Trio, and Ed & Elaine Jones. Find details at paducahalliance.com.
See the full calendar of community events at wkms.org.