Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu August 1, 2013
Datebook: August 1 - Robert Todd Lincoln Turns 170
Robert Todd Lincoln was one of two of Lincoln's four sons to live to adulthood. He followed his in father's footsteps and became a lawyer, was eventually named the Secretary of War, and Ambassador to the UK. He was once saved from serious injury on a train platform by Edwin Booth, brother of John Wilkes Booth.
It’s Thursday, August 1
The Kentucky Foundation for Women hosts a workshop at the McCracken County Public Library this Saturday. The workshop provides information on opportunities for grants, retreats, and residencies and is open to anyone committed to improving the lives of women and girls through art. For more information on the workshop, call 1-866-654-7564 or visit kfw.org.
Dorcas Day, a community clothing giveaway, is this Saturday at Broadway Church of Christ in Paducah. The giveaway is from 9AM to noon in the Family Life Center. The church is located at 2855 Broadway. For more information, call 270-443-6206.
The Hotel Metropolitan in Paducah holds a fish fry tomorrow beginning at 11 a.m. Plates are $8 each and include fish, two sides, and dessert. Sandwiches are $5. Call orders ahead to 270-994-1783, and pick up orders at the Hotel Metropolitan, 724 Oscar Cross Ave.