Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed August 1, 2012
Datebook: August 1 - Jerry Garcia Turns 70
Happy birthday to Jerry Garcia (1942-1995). He was best known as the leader of Grateful Dead for over three decades. Rolling Stones ranked him the 13th Greatest Guitarist of All Time. But he really achieved greatness in 1987, when Ben & Jerry's came out with Cherry Garcia.
It’s Wednesday, August 1
Starfish Orphan Ministries holds a general public meeting Sunday afternoon at 2. Everyone is welcome to learn about local volunteer opportunities, upcoming mission trips, and other ways to help orphaned children. The meeting will be held at the Starfish office, located at 1000 Broadway in Paducah.
The Downtown Paris Association hosts a Concert on the Square tomorrow evening at 6:30, featuring Trifekta. The band consists of Tabitha Myrick, Mark McWherter, and Jim Merrell. Bring lawn chairs. Find out more at visitdowntownparis.com.
Maiden Alley Cinema presents “Safety Not Guaranteed” this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover an eccentric supermarket clerk who believes he has solved the riddle of time travel. Ticket prices and showtimes at maidenalleycinema.com.
See more community events online at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.