Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue April 9, 2013
Datebook: April 9 - Saddam Statue Topples 10 Years Ago
The toppling of the Saddam Hussein statue in Baghdad is one of the most enduring images of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. It symbolized the end of Saddam's regime marking, as a BBC correspondent said, "newly free people [expressing] overwhelming joy." Saddam was captured in December 2003.
It’s Tuesday, April 9
Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, & Mary performs a free concert at Wrather Auditorium on the campus of Murray State University tomorrow evening at 6:30. The suggested admission is a can of food to donate to Needline.
Author Kim Edwards gives a reading Thursday evening at 7:30 in the Clara Eagle Gallery, located on the sixth floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building on the campus of Murray State University. Edwards is the author of numerous stories and novels, including “The Secrets of a Fire King.” The reading is free and open to the public.
Dyersburg Live On Stage brings “The Marvelous Wonderettes” to the Yates Auditorium in downtown Dyersburg tonight at 7:30. An all-girl singing group performs a show for their classmates on their 1959 prom night, then returns in Act II to sing for their ten-year reunion. $15 tickets are available at the door.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.