Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue April 9, 2013
Datebook: April 9 - Saddam Statue Topples 10 Years Ago
The toppling of the Saddam Hussein statue in Baghdad is one of the most enduring images of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. It symbolized the end of Saddam's regime marking, as a BBC correspondent said, "newly free people [expressing] overwhelming joy." Saddam was captured in December 2003.
It’s Tuesday, April 9
Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, & Mary performs a free concert at Wrather Auditorium on the campus of Murray State University tomorrow evening at 6:30. The suggested admission is a can of food to donate to Needline.
Author Kim Edwards gives a reading Thursday evening at 7:30 in the Clara Eagle Gallery, located on the sixth floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building on the campus of Murray State University. Edwards is the author of numerous stories and novels, including “The Secrets of a Fire King.” The reading is free and open to the public.
Dyersburg Live On Stage brings “The Marvelous Wonderettes” to the Yates Auditorium in downtown Dyersburg tonight at 7:30. An all-girl singing group performs a show for their classmates on their 1959 prom night, then returns in Act II to sing for their ten-year reunion. $15 tickets are available at the door.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.