Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue April 30, 2013
Datebook: April 30 - Willie Nelson Turns 80
One of the most recognized artists in country music turns 80 today! Nelson defined "outlaw country" with his signature sound on Shotgun Willie and Red Headed Stranger in the mid 70s. He continues to tour extensively, with his beloved guitar Trigger, putting out albums virtually every year, pleading with mammas to not let their babies grow up to be cowboys.
It’s Tuesday, April 30
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing; furniture; appliances; household items; and toys. Sale proceeds benefit Angels Community Clinic, which provides health care to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5, or call 762-0505 for pickup.
The Mayfield-Graves County Needline and Food Pantry sells tulip bulbs as part of the “Tulips for Food Drive” program. The bulbs are available at Needline, 424 S. Ninth Street, Monday through Thursday from 8 to 1. Call 247-6333 for more.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts holds auditions for “The King & I” this weekend, Saturday and Sunday at 2 and Monday at 6:30. Roles are available for children and adults. See full details at glemacenter.org.
Find more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.